Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
An attractive bat box consisting of a waterproof recycled plastic shell which contains a wooden internal roost chamber. The clever design of this box means that it is highly thermally efficient: the box is coloured black to capture heat from the sun and the gap between the internal wood and external plastic shell provides excellent insulation.
Available with either a crevice or cavity design. The crevice box has two internal chambers which are each 22mm wide – this box is ideal for crevice dwelling species such as pipistrelles. The cavity box features a single internal cavity which is 60mm wide. Both boxes have rough internal walls and ceiling that is suitable for bats to hang from.
The Eco Bat Box can be sited on a tree or external wall – it has three holes at the top of the box and a single hole at the base through which a nail or screws and wall plugs can be fitted. Boxes should be positioned as high as possible in a sheltered place.
* Materials: Recycled LDPE plastic outer with internal FSC certified OSB chamber
* Construction: Outer panels welded, internal chamber formed from stapled panels
* Finish: Black
* Dimensions: 42cm H, 21.5cm W, 11.1cm D
* Entrance: 17mm wide
* Internal (Crevice): Divided internal chamber with two 22mm wide crevices
* Internal (Cavity): Single internal chamber 60mm wide
* Weight (Crevice): 2.4kg
* Weight (Cavity): 2.1kg
* Fixing: Three concealed keyhole mounting holes at top of box, one hole at base