+44 1803 865913
By: Amadou M Bâ(Editor), Krista L McGuire(Editor), Abdala Diédhiou(Editor)
286 pages, 11 plates with colour photos and colour illustrations; b/w photos, b/w illustrations, tables
Ectomycorrhizal symbiosis plays a major role in biodiversity and stability of ecosystems in tropical forests. It is a research imperative in tropical and neotropical forest ecosystems because they contain ecologically and economically important tree species.
Ectomycorrhizal Symbioses in Tropical and Neotropical Forests provides an overview of the knowledge of ECM symbioses in tropical and neotropical ecosystem forests. The contents address diversity and function of ectomycorrhiza associated with forest plants, impacts of ectomycorrhiza on plant diversity and composition, regeneration and dynamics of ecosystems, biomass production in forestry, and adaptation of ectomycorrhiza.
- Management of the ectomycorrhizal symbiosis to improve the growth of fast growing tree species in tropical areas, R. Duponnois et al.
- Ecology and utilization of ectomycorrhizal mushrooms of the Lowland Coastal forests, J. Jefwa
- The contribution of ectomycorrhizal fungal feedbacks to the maintenance of tropical monodominant rain forests, K.L. McGuire
- Molecular and morphological diversity of ectomycorrhizal fungi in mixed and monodominant African rain forests, A.G. Diédhiou et al.
- Ectomycorrhizas of three species of Nyctaginaceae in the tropical mountain rain forest of South Ecuador, I. Haug
- Ectomycorrhiza in Reforestation in Tropical Agro-ecosystems in Indonesia, H. L. Tata
- Diversity and abundance of ectomycorrhizal fungi in rain forests of Cameroon under different disturbance regimes, N. A. Onguene
- Diversity and adaptation of ectomycorrhizal symbioses to ultramafic soils in New Caledonia, P. Jourand et al.
- Mycorrhizal fungi diversity and their importance on the establishment of native species seedlings within Madagascarian degraded sclerophyllous forest, N. Ramanankierana
- Contribution of morphological and molecular studies to the estimates of ectomycorrhizal diversity and specificity in Neotropical and Paleotropical Dipterocarpaceae, B. Moyersoen
- Contrasting above and below-ground diversity and community structure of fungal symbiotes associated to Isoberlinia spp. in woodlands of Western Africa, S.Y. Nourou
- Alleviation of salt stress by Scleroderma bermudense in Coccoloba uvifera plants, A. Bâ et al.
- The Physiology of Scleroderma sinnamariense, an ectomycorrhizal fungus of Gnetum species, E.T. Bechem
- Ectomycorrhizal fungal communities in low land dipterocarp forests, K. Nara
- The diversity of Scleroderma species and its use for the controlled mycorrhization of Afzelia africana Sm, K. Sanon et al.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Thank You and Aloha
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985