+44 1803 865913
This pioneering Energy and Environmental Policy in China provides a comprehensive, rigorous and in-depth analysis of China's energy and environmental policy for the transition towards a low-carbon economy. This unique book focuses on concrete, constructive and realistic solutions to China's unprecedented environmental pollution and rising greenhouse gas emissions from burning fossil fuels and energy security as a result of steeply rising oil imports. It provides an up-to-date factual analysis of China's efforts and commitments to improve energy efficiency, to cut pollutants and to increase the use of renewable energy to create a low-carbon economy.
The author explores many of the policies and measures that China has put in place to save energy and reduce emissions, as well as examines new policies and measures in order for China to be successful. Energy and Environmental Policy in China will prove to be of great value to practitioners and policymakers, as well as to academies and students in the areas of economics, environmental studies, Asian studies, regional and urban studies, law, political science and sociology.
2. Effective Environmental Protection in the Context of Government Decentralization
3. Is it Fair to Treat China as a Christmas Tree to Hang Everybody's Complaints? Putting its Own Energy Saving into Perspective
4. Assessing China's Carbon Intensity Pledge for 2020: Stringency and Credibility Issues and their Implications
5. In What Format and Under What Timeframe Would China Take on Climate Commitments? A Roadmap to 2050
6. The U.S. Proposed Carbon Tariffs, WTO Scrutiny and China's Responses
7. Conclusions: China in the Transition to a Low-carbon Economy
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
The efficiency of supply, favourable pricing, and the friendly personal service we receive, makes dealing with NHBS a real pleasure
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985