+44 1803 865913
By: RK Khitoliya(Editor)
From time immemorial, great Indian philosophers, seers and saints have stressed the necessity for protecting and wisely using India's natural resources. But the strides of modern sciene and technology have taken towards achieving power, prosperity and comfort have done incredible harm to the environment. The damage that has been done already to ecosystems and biological diversity is difficult to repair. An attempt has been made through this book to cover all those topics, in a consolidated form which will provide effective understanding of environmental issues currenlty being faced by Indians.
- Environmental Ethics
- Desalination of Brackish Water
- Rural Waste Water Treatment
- Re-cycling of Waste and Vermiculture Technique
- Environmental Auditing
- Energy Conservation through Energy Audit
- Importance and Applications of Bio-Diesel
- Public Participation and Watershed Management
- Min-Hydel Projects and Environmental Conservation
- Tourism and Environment
- Ozone and Its importance
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Need of Solid Waste Management
- Environmental Legislation
- Public Partnership and Right to Information
- Importance of Biogas Plants
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Prof. (Dr.) R.K. Khitoliya graduated in Civil Engineering from Banaras Hindu University. Subsequently, Dr. Khitoliya obtained M.Tech (Civil Engg.) and Ph.D. (Civil Engg.) both from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and LL.B. and LL.M. from University of Delhi & Kurukshetra University respectively. At present Dr. Khitoliya is working as Professor of Civil Engineering and Head, Post Graduate Environmental Engineering Department of Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh and teaching upto post graduate level.
Your orders support book donation projects
Your quick and straightforward service saved the fieldwork for my PhD project in Kerala.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985