From the Leopard Cat of Asia, the Black-footed Cat of Africa, and the Amur Tiger of Siberia to South America's Ocelots and North America's Bobcats, the wild cats known as felids are among the most fascinating and spectacular of all animals. This stunningly illustrated book is the most comprehensive and user-friendly guide to the world's felids and their often misunderstood relative, the hyenas. Covering and illustrating every species and subspecies, Felids and Hyenas of the World features more than 150 superb full-colour plates that incorporate more than 600 photographs and show species in similar poses for quick and easy comparison. Drawing on the latest taxonomy and research, the facing-page species accounts provide distribution maps, common and scientifc names, and detailed information on key identifcation features, distribution, behavior, reproduction, similar species, habitat, conservation status, and where to observe each species. An ideal feld companion for use anywhere in the world, Felids and Hyenas of the World will appeal to both casual nature enthusiasts and seasoned professionals.
- Covers 41 felids and 4 hyenas – every species and subspecies in the world
- Features more than 150 colour plates incorporating more than 600 photos
- Depicts species in similar poses for quick and easy comparisons
- Provides key identifcation information in detailed, facing-page species accounts
- Uses the latest taxonomy
- Includes easy-to-read distribution maps and tips on where to observe each species
"Visually stunning and accurate, this is an impressive guide. The photography is extraordinarily complete."
– Luke Hunter, author of A Field Guide to the Carnivores of the World