This second volume in the series focuses on mosses (as will Volume 3).
Flore des bryophytes du Québec-Labrador intends to survey describe, and provide identification means to all mosses, liverworts and hornworts known to occur naturally in Quebec and Labrador. Identification keys to genera, species and infraspecific taxa are provided, and the following information is presented for each taxon:
- a short description with diagnostic characters,
- habitat and ecological preferences,
- a distribution map for Quebec and Labrador
- additional comments,
- drawings pointing out characters useful or necessary for identification, and
- references to other relevant publications.
Many species which are likely to occur in Quebec and/or Labrador but have not yet been collected there are discussed or described. Flore des Bryophytes du Québec-Labrador, Volume 2 also includes photographs showing the general habit of each genus, artistic drawings depicting each family an illustrated glossary a bibliography and an annex proposing French and English names.