+44 1803 865913
By: Sarah Wolfensohn(Author), Maggie Lloyd(Author)
408 pages, illustrations
- New edition of an essential best-selling tiandbook with emphasis on best practice in order to improve the welfare of laboratory animals
- Covers husbandry, handling, and the education and training required by scientists and technical staff
- Reflects changes in European legislation and their impact on national legislation
- New chapters on ethical considerations and balancing animal welfare with science
- Spiral bound for ease-of-use as a bench-top reference
1. Education and training for the licence holder 2. The regulatory framework 3. Health, safety and security 4. Pain, stress and humane end points 5. Humane methods of killing 6. Introduction to laboratory animal husbandry 7. Anaesthesia of laboratory animals 8. Management of pain, suffering, distress and lasting harm 9. Conduct of minor procedures 10. Introduction to surgery and suturing 11. The project licence application 12. Small laboratory animals 13. Genetically modified animals and harmful mutants 14. Carnivores 15. Primates 16. The larger domestic species 17. Birds 18. Amphibia 19. Wild animals Glossary Index
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
The shipment arrived, beautifully packaged, in perfect condition. Thanks for your exceptional service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985