Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
This Improved Crevice Bat Box is available with either a double or treble crevice. Both versions have the following features;
* FSC Certified.
* Suitable for the the small British crevice-dwelling British bats - the Pipistrelles, Soprano Pipistrelles and Barbastelle's. These species make up over three quarters of UK bats.
* All external panels precision cut from 12mm Exterior Grade FSC plywood, for improved heat insulation.
* Exterior surface stained with black water based woodstain for improved thermal input, whilst avoiding any possibility of deterring use by bats due to vapour from the stain.
* Overhanging roof with additional internal insulation for protection from UK weather, and to seal crevices from internal airflow.
* 2 or 3 separate crevices each with different temperature characteristics.
* Wide entrance with accurately sized opening. Ideal for Pipistrelles and deters unwelcome birds etc.
* Internal ceramic heat sinks ensure improved temperature stability in crevices.
* Improved "Bat Ladder" at base of box facilitates bats landing and climbing into box.
* Ladder continues inside box, while textured internal surfaces ensure bats find it easy to move around inside box and hang in crevices.
* Ladder acts as "convector heater" for box - when sun shines on ladder, warm air rises into the box, but does not come out when the outside cools.
* Easy and safe to erect box on walls or trees - relatively light weight, with 2 screw holes for fixing.
* Easy (1 screw) to remove roof for cleaning or inspection where permitted.
* Improved draught-proofing enhances temperature stability inside box.
* Rectangular back plate facilitates fitting several boxes side to side to increase colony size.
* Improved aesthetics - looks good to humans as well as bats. Suits any building or tree.
Specifications: Exterior quality resin bonded ply, manufactured with surface sunk coated staples to resist rusting, external surfaces treated with water based woodstain, internal ceramic heat sinks.
Double Crevice Bat Box
Size: 33cm Height x 16cm Width x 10cm Depth
Treble Crevice Bat Box
Batbox Size: 33cm Height x 16cm Width x 13cm Depth