Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
The third edition of this major legal guide has been thoroughly revised and updated to cover recent events and important emerging issues. Additional material includes analysis of and commentary on the World Summit on Sustainable Development, ecosystem management, compliance and dispute settlement, armed conflict, and developments in the relationship of trade and the environment.
- Concept and Scope of the "Environment" and "Environmental Law"
- The Necessity of International Law
- Foundations of International Environmental Law
- Origin and Evolution of International Environmental Law
- Sources of International Environmental Law
- Institutions and Civil Society
- International Common Law and Principles
- Implementing International Environmental Law
- Compliance and Dispute Settlement
- Protection of Living Organisms
- Fresh Waters
- The Marine Environment
- Atmosphere, Stratosphere and Climate
- Regulating Threats to the Environment
Published under the Transnational Publishers imprint.
Object and characteristics of international environmental law; origin and evolution of international environmental law; institutional cooperation; non-state actors; techniques of environmental protection; international common law; regulation of environmental sectors; regulating sources of environmental harm; trade and environment; compliance with international environmental obligations.
Alexandre Kiss was President of the European Council for Environmental Law and consultant to numerous inter-national organizations. Dinah Shelton is Professor of International Law at the University of Notre Dame Law School, Centre for Civil and Human Rights.