+44 1803 865913
By: SM Vaishampayan(Author), Sanjay Vaishampayan(Author)
Light Trap: An Eco-Friendly IPM Tool covers information on some theoretical aspects related to working with light traps, such as organs of insect vision and orientation towards light source, electromagnetic radiation, spectrum visible/attractive to insects, characteristics of electric lamps used, factors affecting trap catches and identification of migratory phases based on analysis of light trap catches etc. Practical aspects include principles and practice of light trap operation, trap designs and light sources to be used and study of seasonal activity and direct control of pest population using light traps. The last chapter covers extensive reviews of field trials and experimental work conducted during survey and control of some economic species of crop pests. The manuscript is supplemented in the end with a list of references cited in the text along with selected references on light trap studies for consultation to all concerned. The main objective of Light Trap: An Eco-Friendly IPM Tool is to revive interest among scientists, research scholars and students in using this technique of pest control and make it more popular among farmers through research and extension work. This book serves as a reference/text book, meeting the essential requirements for advanced courses.
2. Early History of Light Trap
3. Structure and Functioning of Organs of Insect Vision
4. Physical Aspects of Electromagnetic Radiation, Light and Colour
5. Visual Response and Spectrum Attractive to Insects
6. Electric Lamps Used in Light Trap
7. Factors Affecting Light Trap Catches
8. Principles and Practice of Light Trap Operation
9. General Types of Electric Insect Traps
10. Role of Light Trap in Study of Insect Migration
11. Field Studies on Survey and Control of Economic Species
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
EXCELLENT SERVICE FROM NHBS. I will continue to choose them wherever possible for future purchases. Good service deserves to be rewarded.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985