+44 1803 865913
By: Michael Grubb(Author), Claudia Comberti(Author)
The oil shock, the credit crunch and the near-collapse of global climate negotiations demand a radical rethink of current policies. Michael Grubb and his co-authors present a path to tackling climate change that can also enhance international and energy security, and help global financial and political adjustment to the rise of the emerging economies. The first of two books of which The Carbon Connection is the second, this text provides the theoretical empirical and analytical underpinning with sections on investments, incentives and engagement for cleaner energy choices.
1. Trapped Pillar One: Investment and Incentives for Innovation and Infrastructure
2. Energy and Emissions
3. Bridging the Technology Valley of Death
4. Transforming Systems Pillar Two: Markets and Pricing for Cleaner Production and Products
5. Pricing Pollution
6. Cap and Trade and Offsets
7. Who's Hit?: The Distributional Impacts of Carbon Pricing and How to Handle Them Pillar Three: Standards and Engagement for Smarter Choices
8. The Energy Efficiency Resource
9. Tried and Tested: Three Decades of Energy Efficiency Policy
10. Power to the People: Understanding and Empowering Behavioural Change
11. Changing Course
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Professor Michael Grubb is Chair of the international research organization Climate Strategies, headquartered at Cambridge University where is also a Senior Research Associate at the Faculty of Economics. His former positions include Chief Economist at the Carbon Trust, Professor of Climate Change and Energy Policy at Imperial College London, and head of Energy and Environment at Chatham House, and he continues to be associated with these institutions. In 2008 he was appointed to the UK Climate Change Committee, established under the UK Climate Change Bill to advise the government on future carbon budgets and to report to Parliament on their implementation.
Your orders support book donation projects
the world’s foremost supplier of natural history and environmental books
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985