+44 1803 865913
By: Eduardo Alves de Almeida(Editor), Ciro Alberto de Oliveira Ribeiro(Editor), Emilien Pelletier(Foreword By)
392 pages, 3 plates with colour photos; 48 b/w photos and b/w illustrations
The tropical zone contains the highest diversity of fish species on the planet. Many of these species are being continuously exposed to pollutants that pose serious hazards to fish health thereby posing serious risks for entire fish populations. Pollution and Fish Health in Tropical Ecosystems presents information about the different responses of fish to pollutants from the molecular levels to changes in behavior, with emphasis on tropical species.
Pollution and Fish Health in Tropical Ecosystems also discusses current topics such as the adverse effects of emerging compounds like nanoparticles and endocrine disruptor chemicals.
Eduardo Alves de Almeidaz
- Genes and Proteins Related with Biotransformation in Tropical Fishes: Perspectives in Aquatic Toxicology
- Nuclear Receptors in Fish and Pollutant Interactions
Afonso C.D. Bainy, Jacó J. Mattos and Marília N. Siebert
- Fish Neurotoxic Pollutants
Helena Cristina Silva de Assis
- Pollutants and Oxidative Stress
Francisco Filipak Neto
- Genotoxicity and Mutagenicity
Marta Margarete Cestari
- The Use of Fish Biomarkers in the Evaluation of Water Pollution
Thiago E. M. Parente and Rachel Ann Hauser-Davis
- Blood Parameters of Estuarine and Marine Fish as Non-Destructive Pollution Biomarkers
Seriani, R., Abessa, D.M.S., Pereira, C.D.S., Kirschbaum, A.A., Abujamara, L.D., Buruaem, L.M., Félix, C., Turatti, G.C.R., Prado, L.R.B., Sousa, E.C.P.M. and Ranzani-Paiva, M.J.T.
- Histopathological Markers in Fish Health Assessment
Ciro Alberto de Oliveira Ribeiro and Marisa Fernandes Narciso
- Emerging Contaminants and Endocrine System Dysfunction
Daniele Dietrich Moura Costa
- Nanoecotoxicology in Fish Species
Juliane Ventura-Lima, Alessandra Martins da Rocha, André Luís da Rosa Seixas, Carmen Luiza de Azevedo Costa, Isabel Soares Chaves, Josencler Luis Ribas Ferreira, Rafaela Elias Letts, José María Monserrat
- Effect of Pollutants in Condition Index
Larissa Paola Rodrigues Venâncio and Claudia Regina Bonini Domingos
- Behavioral Biomarkers and Pollution Risks to Fish Health and Biodiversity
Paulo Sérgio Martins de Carvalho
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
The shipment arrived, beautifully packaged, in perfect condition. Thanks for your exceptional service.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985