The reputation of a college or institution depends upon the integrity of its faculty and administration. Though budgets are important, ethics are vital, and a host of new ethical problems now beset higher education. From MOOCS and intellectual property rights to drug industry payments and conflicts of interest, Recommended Principles to Guide Academy-Industry Relationships offers AAUP policy language and best practices to deal with all the campus-wide challenges of today's corporate university:
- Preserving the integrity of research and public respect for higher education
- Eliminating and managing individual and institutional financial conflicts of interest
- Maintaining unbiased hiring and recruitment policies
- Establishing grievance procedures and due process rights for faculty, graduate students, and academic professionals
- Mastering the complications of negotiations over patents and copyright
- Assuring the ethics of research involving human subjects.
In a time of dynamic change "Recommended Principles to Guide Academy-Industry Relationships "offers an indispensable and authoritative guide to sustaining integrity and tradition while achieving great things in twenty-first century academia.