Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
The Song Meter SM4BAT FS is now available with the new SMM-U2 microphone here.
The Song Meter SM4BAT FS is a robust and weatherproof recorder which records 16-bit full spectrum calls in WAV format. Powered by four D-cell batteries it will record for 275 - 450 hours, depending on bat activity. The SM4BAT FS has slots for two SD cards providing storage of up to 64GB using SDHC cards or 512GB with SDXC cards.
Scheduling functions allow you to set the detector to record continuously or to use complex schedules based on specific times of day or relative to sunset and sunrise. You can also tell the SM4BAT FS on what day you would like it to begin recording, or whether to begin immediately. Your inputted schedule will then be repeated daily until you stop it or until it is limited by battery life or memory space.
A mounting bracket at the top and bottom of the unit provides a sturdy way to attach the recorder to a tree, post or other suitable surface. The front of the unit also fastens securely and can be padlocked to prevent tampering with the interface.
A separate GPS module can be purchased to use with the SM4BAT FS which will let you synchronise time and date settings as well as calculate accurate sunrise and sunset times.
The Song Meter SM4BAT FS is available as a unit without microphone, as a unit with a 3m cable and an SMM-U1 microphone and as a Complete Bundle. This includes the SM4BAT FS, SMM-U1 microphone, 3m cable, four D-cell batteries and two 32GB Class 10 SDHC cards.
The SM4BAT FS comes with a three year warranty.
* SM4BAT FS User Guide
* Recording technology: Single-channel, 16-bit WAV.
* Sample rate; 256kHz, 384kHz or 500kHz
* Power: Up to one month of nightly recording with internal batteries
* External power: With optional SM3/SM4 power cable (not included)
* Storage: 2 SDXC/SDHC cards (Class 4 or greater)
* Enclosure material: Molded polycarbonate
* Width: 15cm
* Height without mounting bracket: 17cm
* Height with mounting bracket: 21.8cm
* Depth: 7.1cm
* Weight without batteries: 635g
* Weight with batteries: 1225g
* Operating temperature: -20°C to 50°C (-4°F to 50°F)
* Warranty: Three years