+44 1803 865913
Chun-Guang Zhang(Author), Ya-Hui Zhao(Author) et al
284 pages, b/w illustrations, tables
Language: Chinese with 2-page English abstract, bilingual figure legends and table headings in English and Chinese, and scientific nomenclature
This book contains taxonomic validations and a catalogue of the inland fish of China. It uses several sources of data, including fish collecting information from historical literature (1758-2014), specimens from the major fish collections of China and the author's field surveys carried out over the past 30 years. The general review is as below:
(1) A taxonomic and sytematic research history, divided into five stages;
(2) An analysis of species richness;
(3) GIS-based analysis of patterns of species diversity showing high species diversity south of the Qinling Mountains-Huaihe River, and east of the Hengduanshan Mountain regions;
(4) Relationships between the distribution patterns of species diversity and environmental factors such as temperature and precipitation, and human population density;
(5) Identification of hotspots on the basis of distribution patterns of species richness, endemic and endangered fishes;
(6) Analysis of the status of 388 nature reserves with rare and endangered fish.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
I don't know how you got a book printed 26 years ago in the conditions that I received it (like new) but you do it! ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985