The Spypoint Solar Dark is an exceptional trail camera that builds on the success of the Spypoint Solar. It features a compact solar panel on the top of the unit, which can supply indefinite power to the camera’s lithium ion battery when placed in sufficient sunlight. This feature allows the camera to be deployed for extremely long periods of time and reduces visits to the camera to those required for replacing or clearing the SD card, making it ideal for long term deployments.
The Spypoint Solar Dark uses a passive infrared sensor to detect a combination of movement and heat within its monitoring range. The sensor has detection range of 1.5 to 33.5m. When this sensor detects movement the camera is triggered to capture an image or video. It can record in full HD 1080p video with audio at 10fps and is capable of taking high quality 12MP images that are saved onto an internal SDHC card (up to 32GB supported, a 16GB card is included). During the day footage is recorded in full colour and through the night (or in low light conditions) the camera utilises 42 no-glow infrared LEDs to provide illumination up to a distance of 27m. Images and videos are taken in black and white under low light conditions. The lightning fast 0.07 second trigger speed also ensures that you won't miss even the fastest animals.
The camera also features a 5.08cm (2") colour viewing screen with zoom and pan functionality, so that you can review footage in the field and check camera position. The Solar Dark comes supplied with a 16GB SD card and an SD card reader for clearing or transferring videos and photographs onto a laptop or computer, meaning you can start using this camera immediately.
Please note: this camera is not compatible with rechargeable batteries.
Included in the Box:
* Trail camera
* 16GB SD card
* SD card reader
* Mounting bracket
* Quick start guide
* Photo resolution: 12MP
* File format: JPG
* Multi-shot mode: Up to six photos per detection
* Stamp (photos only): Date, time, temperature, moon phase
* Capture mode: Colour by day, black and white by night
* Video resolution: 1280 x 720p at 30fps or 1920 × 1080 (Full HD) at 10fps
* File format: AVI
* Sound recording: Mono
* Internal memory: None
* External memory: SD/SDHC card (up to 32GB)
* Built-in screen: 2” Colour viewing screen with zoom & pan functions
* Power source: Internal rechargeable lithium-ion battery
* Optional power source: 8 x AA, rechargeable alkaline batteries, 12V battery or lithium ion battery pack
* Motion sensor: PIR
* Detection range: Adjustable from 1.5 to 33.5m
* Trigger speed: 0.07s
* LEDs: 42 LEDs
* Type: No glow LEDs
* Flash range: Up to 27m
* Dimensions: 9.6 (W) x 17.5 (H) x 9.9cm (D)