This is the most comprehensive photo guide to the starfishes and other tropical Indo-Pacific echinoderms. This book covers the region from the Red Sea to Hawaii, the Marshall Islands, and Guam.
Inside the book:
- Photographs of 450+ species, including 126 starfish of the region;
- 100+ species have never before appeared in field guides or popular books;
- Convenient pictorial guide at the beginning and index at the end of the book;
- Special attention was given to echinoderm associates and predators, photographs of 60 of them are included;
- Every effort was made to reduce disturbance to sea creatures.
This book is a field guide, it provides easy identification of commonly encountered starfishes, brittle stars, feather stars, sea urchins, and sea cucumbers that can be found and photographed in depths and regions accessible to recreational diving. It is designed for divers, underwater photographers, snorkelers, beachcombers, and nature lovers. Photographs, showing colour variations are included. The validity of species names was checked with the help of the World Register of Marine Species (WoRMS).