The DR-05X is a simple to use, high quality handheld recorder, capable of recording high resolution, 96kHz/24 bit audio in WAV format or 48kHz in MP3 format. Files are saved onto a microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC card (up to 128GB supported, card not included). A pair of omnidirectional microphones allow you to record in stereo or you can use your own microphone by connecting it to the 3.5mm (0.8") stereo input (plug-in power provided). The DR-05X is equally useful for recording nature sounds in the field or, with the addition of a 3.5mm jack cable, for use with a bat detector.
The design and layout of the DR-05X makes it easy to control all of its functions - common operations such as start/stop recording, level adjustments, deleting files and adding markers require a simple button push. The settings menu provides access to additional features, such as limiting, low cut filters and the chromatic tuner. A built-in speaker lets you listen to your recordings in the field - they can also be looped and slowed down without the pitch being altered.
An optional peak reduction feature automatically sets the recording level by listening to the input and adjusting it to the best level. Additional features include an auto-record function which activates the recorder automatically when the input signal rises above a nominal level and then stops recording when it falls below this level for more than five seconds. When recording long files the auto-mark function can be used to place a mark on the file if the levels falls below nominal for more than five seconds. There is also a 2 second pre-record function so you need never miss a bird or bat call.
The DR-05X is powered by 2 x AA batteries (included), which will last for approximately 14 hours, even when recording in high resolution.
* Recording media: microSD card (64MB to 2GB) / microSDHC card (4GB to 32GB) / microSDXC card (48GB to 128GB)
* File format: WAV (BWF), MP3
* WAV sampling frequency: 44.1kHz / 48kHz / 96kHz
* WAV quantization bit rate: 16 / 24 bit
* MP3 sampling frequency: 44.1kHz / 48kHz
* MP3 bit-rate for recording: 32 / 64 / 96 / 128 / 192 / 256 / 320kbps
* MP3 playback bit rate: 32 to 320kbps, VBR, ID3 tag Ver. 2.4
* Number of channels: 2 (stereo)
* Built-in microphone: Omnidirectional, stereo
* Mic/ext in connector: 3.5mm (1/8”) stereo mini jack, unbalanced, plug-in power
* Phones/line out connector: 3.5mm (1/8”) Stereo mini jack, unbalanced
* Built-in speakers: 0.3W, Mono
* Low-cut filter: 40Hz / 80Hz / 120Hz
* USB connector: Mini-B type
* USB format: USB2.0 high speed
* Tripod attachment screw-hole: ¼ inch
* Power: 2 x AA batteries, USB bus power, AC100 to 240V (optional AC adapter)
* Power consumption: 1.7W (max)
* Battery operation time (alkaline): Approx 17.5 hours (WAV, 44.1kHz, 16bit, using built-in microphohe, JEITA)
* Battery operation time (Ni-MH): Approx 15 hours (WAV, 44.1kHz, 16bit, using built-in microphohe, JEITA)
* Dimensions: 61(W) x 141(H) x 26(D)mm
* Weight: 116g (without battery), 165g (with batteries)
* Standard accessories: 2 x AA batteries, owners manual, warranty card.
* Frequency response (20Hz to 20kHz): +1dB/-3dB (Fs 44.1kHz, EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA)
* Frequency response (20Hz to 22kHz): +1dB/-3dB (Fs 48kHz, EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA)
* Frequency response (20Hz to 40kHz): +1dB/-3dB (Fs 96kHz, EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA)
* Distortion: 0.05% or lower (Fs 44.1 / 48 / 96kHz, EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA)
* S/N ration: 92dB or higher (Fs 44.1 / 48 / 96kHz, EXT IN to LINE OUT, JEITA)
* OS: Windows - Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
* USB: USB2.0
* OS: MacOS Mojave, MacOS High Sierra (10.13), MacOS Sierra (10.12)
* USB: USB2.0