Explore the majesty of the United States National Parks through the eyes of contemporary artists.
This beautiful art book displays the unique beauty of each U.S. National Park. Fifty-Nine Parks collaborated with acclaimed contemporary artists and designers from around the world to create original posters that celebrate the unique beauty of each of the now 62 parks in the U.S. National Park system. The wildly successful poster art is now available as a collection for the first time in this gorgeous art book.
Inspired by classic W.P.A. posters of the 1930s, each poster is a unique and original reflection of the talent and perspective of the contemporary artist who created it, resulting in a one-of-a-kind tribute to the majesty of the national parks.
- Includes art of the top ten most National Parks as rated by the National Park Service: (1) Great Smoky Mountains, (2) Grand Canyon, (3) Rocky Mountain, (4) Zion, (5) Yosemite, (6) Yellowstone, (7) Acadia, (8) Grand Teton, (9) Olympic, and (10) Glacier.
- Filled with Facts: Includes a comprehensive history and overview of the flora, fauna, and best sights in each park.
- Travel guide: With seasonality and travel tips, The Art of the National Parks can also be used as a guide for visiting the national parks.
- Gift for nature lovers: An ideal gift for armchair travellers, national park enthusiasts, and anyone who appreciates contemporary art and design.
- Each book gives back: Sales benefit the US National Park Service.
Weldon Owen is a high-quality, nonfiction, adult book publisher specializing in producing innovative, richly illustrated lifestyle books in the categories of food and drink, sports and fitness, popular science, craft and design, and popular culture for the global market, delivering approximately 100 books a year.