+44 1803 865913
By: Ruth Hillary(Editor)
219 pages, Figs
A guide to all aspects of environmental management for businesses. The volume offers information on state-of-the-art techniques, trends and developments taking a user's perspective, capturing key viewpoints and drawing together best practice through the use of case studies. These display the practical implications of the topics under discussion and are set out to enable users to relate their information to their own experience.
"A broad-ranging yet succinct guide."
- From the Foreword by Digby Jones, Director General, The Confederation of British Industry.
"This book presents key viewpoints and current best practices, giving practical examples on how businesses of all sizes, can successfully manage the environmental, economic and social issues, associated with sustainable development."
- Social and Environmental Accounting
- Environmental strategies and agendas
- environmental trends
- financial, legal and insurance
- products, green labelling and producer responsibility
- mobility and transport, communication and IT
- environmental management systems
- resource and waste management
- water and energy management
- technology and innovation
- land use planning challenges
- measuring and reporting environmental performance
- engaging the stakeholders
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Dr Ruth Hillary is founder of the Network for Environmental Management and Auditing (NEMA), UK Principle Expert to the International Organisation of Standards (ISO) TC 207 ES/1 ISO 14004 and Editor-in-Chief of Corporate Sustainable. As an environmental management and corporate sustainability consultant, she has worked for the Department of Trade and Industry, the European Commission and many international companies.
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985