Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
Traité de Zoologie is now available to a worldwide readership. Parts 1, 2, and 3A of volume VII, i.e., the Crustacea, were published in French in, respectively, 1994, 1996, and 1999. However, some of the manuscripts dated from the early 1980s and it was clear from the beginning that in many fields of biology a mere translation of the existing text would not suffice.
This first volume in the Treatise on Zoology contains chapters on:
- The Crustacea: definition, primitive forms, and classification
- Segmentation, tagmata, and appendages
- The integument: morphology and biochemistry
- Chromatophores and pigmentation
- Moulting, autotomy, and regeneration
- Eyes and vision
- The non-visual sense organs
- Luminous organs and luminescence
All chapters have been carefully reviewed, either by the original authors or by specialists selected and invited by the editors, and updated accordingly. Taxonomic and subject indeces are supplied, as is a list of contributors.