+44 1803 865913
Traité de Zoologie is now available to a worldwide readership. Parts 1, 2, and 3A of volume VII, i.e., the Crustacea, were published in French in, respectively, 1994, 1996, and 1999. However, some of the manuscripts dated from the early 1980s and it was clear from the beginning that in many fields of biology a mere translation of the existing text would not suffice.
This first volume in the Treatise on Zoology contains chapters on:
- The Crustacea: definition, primitive forms, and classification
- Segmentation, tagmata, and appendages
- The integument: morphology and biochemistry
- Chromatophores and pigmentation
- Moulting, autotomy, and regeneration
- Eyes and vision
- The non-visual sense organs
- Luminous organs and luminescence
All chapters have been carefully reviewed, either by the original authors or by specialists selected and invited by the editors, and updated accordingly. Taxonomic and subject indeces are supplied, as is a list of contributors.
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
thank you for the excellent customer service
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985