This unique handbook presents both the theory and application of biomass combustion and co-firing, from basic principles to industrial combustion and environmental impact, in a clear and comprehensive manner. It offers a solid grounding on biomass combustion, and advice on improving combustion systems.
Written by leading international academics and industrial experts, and prepared under the auspices of the IEA Bioenergy Implementing Agreement, the handbook is an essential resource for anyone interested in biomass combustion and co-firing technologies varying from domestic woodstoves to utility-scale power generation. The Handbook of Biomass Combustion & Co-Firing covers subjects including biomass fuel pre-treatment and logistics, modelling the combustion process and ash-related issues, as well as featuring an overview of the current R&D needs regarding biomass combustion.
- Biomass Fuel Properties and Basic Principles of Biomass Combustion
- Biomass Fuel Supply and Pre-treatment
- Domestic Wood-Burning Appliances
- Combustion Technologies for Industrial and District Heating Systems
- Power Generation and Co-generation
- Biomass Ash Characteristics and Behaviour in Combustion Systems
- Environmental Aspects of Biomass Combustion
- Research and Development: Needs and Ongoing Activities
Sjaak van Loo has been leader of IEA Bioenergy Task 32 since 1998. He is currently leading his privately owned company Procede Group BV. Jaap Koppejan has also been involved in IEA Bioenergy Task 32 since 1998. Together with Sjaak he recently started Procede Biomass, an R&D company focused on bioenergy technology development and applications.