Please note the Chorus is supplied as standard with one acoustic microphone. To enable the Chorus to record bats an ultrasonic mic must be purchased separately or as part of the ultrasonic bundle. Additional acoustic microphones are available separately for stereo acoustic recordings.
The Chorus from Titley Scientific is an all-in-one recorder designed to suit all acoustic surveying needs. These compact recorders come supplied as standard with a single acoustic microphone for recording birds, frogs, and mammals, but it can also be equipped with a second acoustic microphone for stereo recordings or an ultrasonic microphone for recording bat vocalisations. The chorus has two channels and can be configured to record in mono acoustic, stereo acoustic and dual acoustic and ultrasonic (not simultaneously).
The detector features a robust and waterproof casing to protect the detector in the toughest of environments, and its inter-changeable microphones allow you to replace any damaged microphones in the field and ensure you do not miss any survey time. The acoustic and ultrasonic microphones have a low-profile design to minimise any mechanical damage and both feature water and wind proofing considerations. These microphones are also compatible with a flexible gooseneck extender accessory.The Chorus is a standalone detector and is designed to be setup and calibrated using its internal OLED screen. With a simple to use display, the user can select from several recording schedules or create their own and adjust the detector’s recording settings. Ultrasonic settings can be adjusted to record in either full spectrum or zero crossing files, which can save space on the SD card when the Chorus is used on a long deployment. It also has a built-in GPS receiver that automatically sets the clock, calculates sunset and sunrise times, and records the location of the device. It will also record automatically from sunrise to sunset every night (based on GPS coordinates) as one of the automatic recording settings. It can be used to walk transects logging the track data into a GPX file and the headphone jack means that you can listen to either a stereo reproduction (acoustic) or frequency division (ultrasonic) output during the transect.
Titley have designed the Chorus to maximise its deployment time. Using a set of x4 AA batteries its typical battery life is around 300 hours when used for acoustic recordings and up to 40 nights when used for ultrasonic recordings. A free version of Anabat Insight software is available to Chorus users.
The Chorus is also available as a starter bundle which includes the Chorus (with a single acoustic or one acoustic and one additional ultrasonic mic), 4 x Lithium AA batteries and a 32GB SDHC card.
* Easy to use, weatherproof and robust
* Includes one acoustic microphone as standard
* Additional user-replaceable microphones available to record ultrasonic or stereo acoustic in one deployment
* Deployment time of 40 nights (full spectrum ultrasonic) or 300 hours (acoustic) on one set of x4 AA batteries
* Stand-alone detector, no phone required for setup
* Built-in GPS for transect mode and geotagging
* Headphone output to check microphone performance
* Comes with free version of Anabat Insight software
* Dimensions: 194 x 123 x 50mm
* Weight: 435g (without batteries)
* Power Requirements: 4 AA batteries
* Battery Life: Up to 40 nights ultrasonic (based on 10% bat activity & 10 hour nights) / 300 hours acoustic (using x4 AA batteries)
* Memory: 1 x SDHC/SDXC memory card (up to 1TB)
* Audio Output: Frequency division (ultrasonic) and stereo reproduction (acoustic) through headphones
* Frequency Range: 20Hz up to 140kHz (depending on microphone; response rolls off beyond this point)
* Housing: Weatherproof and shockproof (IP67) with multiple mounting options
* GPS: Built-in, daily GPS fixes, transect mode (GPS fix every second)
* File Output: Full spectrum (.wav), zero crossing (.zc) and GPS track
* Sampling Rates: 500, 320, 192, 96, 48, 44.1, 32, 22.05 ksps
* Warranty: Detector 2 years, Microphones 1 year