+44 1803 865913
Travellers go to Florida for sun, sand, surf and visits to the state's world famous theme parks, but increasingly also to explore Florida's incredible natural attractions: stunning subtropical scenery, wonderful walking and bird-watching trails, exceptional fishing, boating, and canoeing, the wet wilderness of Everglades National Park, continental US's only coral reefs, and glimpses of exotic wildlife. This book has all the information you need to find, identify, and learn about Florida's magnificent animal, plant, and sea life.
* Identifying, location, and conservation information on the most frequently sighted animals.
* Full-colour illustrations of more than 600 of Florida's most common insects, fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals, and plants.
* Information on the underwater animals most snorkellers and divers actually see.
* Photos and information on Florida habitats and on the most common plants you will encounter.
* Brief descriptions of the region's most frequently visited parks and reserves.
* Easy-to-carry, entertainingly written, beautifully illustrated - you will want to have this book as constant companion on your journey.
About the authors:
Fiona Sunquist is a science and natural-history writer. She has written many articles on wildlife and conservation, contributed chapters to several books, and for more than 15 years has been a roving editor for International Wildlife magazine. Mel Sunquist is a professor in the department of wildlife ecology and conservation at the University of Florida, Gainesville. He teaches wildlife ecology and researches the ecology and conservation of carnivorous mammals. Les Beletsky is a professional wildlife biologist and former university zoology teacher. Prior to taking up writing wildlife guides, he conducted many years of field research into the ecology and behaviour of birds.
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!
Your orders support book donation projects
NHBS is a national institution, not to say an international one, in the world of natural history!
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985