Originally published in 1962 (Dept. of the Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery), now fully updated and colorized, this is the perfect practical guide not only to snake bite survival, but to understand and identify every venomous snake on the planet. Even if no life hangs in the balance, Venomous Snakes of the World is a great reference guide for insect collectors and observers who travel worldwide, outdoor enthusiasts, and reptile lovers.
With this comprehensive edition, you will be armed with one of the most thorough volumes available for dealing with these incredible reptiles, including definitive advice on:
- Precautions to avoid snake bites
- Identifying the symptoms and signs of snake venom poisoning
- First-Aid and medical treatments
- Recognizing poisonous snakes
- Species Indigenous to various regions around the world
- Sources of antivenin
Snakes can be some of the deadliest creatures on earth. They are also extremely fascinating. By taking the proper precautions, they can be enjoyed and appreciated.