+44 1803 865913
Series: Records of the Zoological Survey of India Occasional Papers Volume: 341
By: Atindra Murmu(Author), PC Mazumdar(Author), S Chaudhuri(Author)
From the introduction:
"Hadgarh Wildlife Sanctuary is located in the Keonjhar and Mayurbhanj districts of Orissa, India, and lies between 21°12' to 21°23' N latitude and 86°12'30" to 86°21'30" E longitude. It was declared a Sanctuary in 1978 and has a total area of 191.6 km2 of which 116.514 km2 belong to Boula Reserve Forest of the Keonjhar district and the remaining 75.086 km2 belong to a part of Satkosia Reserve Forest of the Mayurbhanj district. The Boula hill ranges are extensions of Simlipal hill of Mayurbhanj district. The landscape with miscellaneous vegetations and smaller hills contains a variety of flora and the impenetrable dense cover provides very good shelter and breeding grounds for wildlife. Other ecological zones have also given rise to a rich and diversified fauna. As no detailed information is available on the fauna composition of this sanctuary, the Zoological Survey of India took up this project as a part of the exploration of fauna of conservation areas programme and conducted a number of faunastic surveys during the years 2007 to 2009 in this area. During this survey attempts were made to identify the existing faunal composition along with ecological data, population trends and factors affecting them. For this purpose, in addition to systematic field observations, necessary discussions with the management and local people were made. In the present paper, an account of the faunal composition with special reference to mammals and birds of Hadgarh Wildlife Sanctuary along with the ecological conditions have been given."
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Vastly superior to the Amazon offering. Recommended unreservedly.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985