333 pages, b/w photos, b/w illustrations, 30 tables, includes 2 DVD-ROMs
As water quality becomes a leading concern for people and ecosystems worldwide, it must be properly assessed in order to protect water resources for current and future generations. "Water Quality Concepts, Sampling, and Analyses" supplies practical information for planning, conducting, or evaluating water quality monitoring programs. It presents the latest information and methodologies for water quality policy, regulation, monitoring, field measurement, laboratory analysis, and data analysis.
The book addresses water quality issues, water quality regulatory development, monitoring and sampling techniques, best management practices, and laboratory methods related to the water quality of surface and ground waters. It also discusses basic concepts of water chemistry and hydrology related to water sampling and analysis; instrumentation; water quality data analysis; and evaluation and reporting results.
Discussing an array of water quality topics, from water quality regulations and criteria, to project planning and sampling activities, this book outlines a framework for improving water quality programs. Using this framework, you can easily put the proper training and tools in place for better management of water resources.
Included are 2 DVDs with videos of lectures, hands-on field and lab activities, and field tours.
- Introduction, Yuncong Li and Kati W. Migliaccio
- Water Quality Regulations and Policy Development, Kati W. Migliaccio and Mary Jane Angelo
- Water Quality Standards: Designated Uses and Numeric Criteria Development, Brian E. Haggard and J. Thad Scott
- Project Planning and Quality System Implementation for Water Quality Sampling Programs, Delia Ivanoff
- Surface Water Quality Sampling in Streams and Canals, Kati W. Migliaccio, Daren Harmel, and Peter C. Smiley, Jr.
- Groundwater Sampling, Qingren Wang, Rafael Mu#oz-Carpena, Adam Foster, and Kati W. Migliaccio
- Sampling Pore Water from Soil and Sediment, Yuncong Li, Kati W. Migliaccio, Meifang Zhou, and Nicholas Kiggundu
- Field Measurements, David Struve and Meifang Zhou
- Laboratory Qualifications for Water Quality Monitoring, Yuncong Li, Meifang Zhou, and Jianqiang Zhao
- Laboratory Analyses, Yuncong Li, Renuka R. Mathur, and Lena Q. Ma
- Sampling and Analysis of Emerging Pollutants, David A. Alvarez and Tammy L. Jones-Lepp
- Uncertainty in Measured Water Quality Data, Daren Harmel, Patricia Smith, and Kati W. Migliaccio
- Water Quality Statistical Analysis, Kati W. Migliaccio, Joffre Castro, and Brian E. Haggard
- Examples of Water Quality Monitoring, Qingren Wang and Yuncong Li
- Training Video for Water Quality Sampling and Analysis, Pamela J. Fletcher and Sapna Mulki
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!