The second edition of Animal Cell Biotechnology constitutes a comprehensive manual of new techniques for setting up mammalian cell lines for production of biopharmaceuticals, and for optimizing critical parameters for cell culture considering the whole cascade from lab to final production.
The chapters are written by world-renowned experts and Animal Cell Biotechnology's five parts reflect the processes required for different stages of production. Animal Cell Biotechnology is a compendium of techniques for scientists in both industrial and research laboratories that use mammalian cells for biotechnology purposes.
"A specific feature of cell culture technology is described in each chapter – such as setting up a cell culture lab, production of large quantities of animal cells and cell products, large scale transfection protocols, and screening cultures for possible viral infection. There is an adequate number of illustrations to help the reader understand the nature of the equipment described and the expected data one should obtain. This book will be useful to individuals interested in the industrial or commercial applications and uses of animal cell culture methods."
– Doody's Health Sciences Book Review Journal
"Animal Cell Biotechnology brings together techniques used in both industry and research laboratories that are focused on the expression of recombinant proteins and other commercial uses of animal cells. The book is divided into five parts describing techniques relevant for each step in this process. Detailed protocols are provided including recipes for culture media. In the last chapter of Part I, the problem of virus contamination of cell cultures used for the manufacture of therapeutic reagents is addressed and the subject is broadened to encompass viruses in both humans, laboratory animals and livestock. Overall, Part V very adequately prepares the reader for the next step which covers the molecular methods of the biotechnology. Part II Molecular methods', comprises six excellent chapters on gene expression optimization, immortalization strategies, production of monoclonal antibodies, cell bank preparation and cell type characterization, including cytogenetic characterization and DNA fingerprinting."
– FEBS Letters
- Immortalization Strategies for Mammalian Cells
- Culturing Animal Cells in Fluidized Bed Reactors
- Viral Evaluation of Animal Cell Lines Used In Biotechnology
- Monitoring Animal Cell Growth and Productivity by Flow Cytometry
- Adaptation of Mammalian Cells Grown in Serum Free Medium.Cytotoxicity Testing Using Cell Lines
- Measuring the Folding Dynamics of Recombinant Proteins Secreted from Mammalian Cells.Hematopoietic Cells for Cellular and Gene Therapy: I. Basic Assay Techniques
- Measurement of Cell-Culture Glycosidase Activity
- Cytogenetic Characterization of Recombinant Cells
- Hematopoietic Cells for Cellular and Gene Therapy: II. Expansion Protocols
- Control of Proteolysis in Cell Culture
- Measurement of Cell Death in Culture
- GPI-Anchored Fusion Proteins
- Harvesting GPI-Anchored Proteins From CHO Cells
- Optimizing Gene Expression in Mammalian Cells
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!