This is the fourth volumes describing the history of American Ornithology at universities, museums, government agencies, societies, and foundations written by key figures at those institutions. Volume 4 contains chapters on: the American Ornithologists' Union's First Century, The Raptor Research Foundation, Florida State University; Long Point Bird Observatory and Bird Studies Canada, William Brewster, Cornell University and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Point Reyes Bird Observatory and Point Blue Conservation Science.
- Academic Phylogenies of the American Ornithologists' Union's First Century / Joanna Burger and Michael Gochfeld
- The Raptor Research Foundation, Promoting Understanding, Appreciation, and Conservation of Birds of Prey for Over 50 Years / Jimmie R. Parrish, Richard J. Clark, and David M. Bird
- History of Ornithology at Florida State University / Frances C. James and Emily H. DuVal
- Long Point Bird Observatory and the Founding of Bird Studies Canada / Erica H. Dunn and Jon D. McCracken
- William Brewster, an Ornithologist Who Was at the Right Place at the Right Time / William E. Davis, Jr.
- Ornithology at Cornell University and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, 1990-2018 / John W. Fitzpatrick
- Point Reyes Bird Observatory to Point Blue Conservation Science: the Origins, Evolution, and Future Directions of an Innovative, Non-Profit, Science Organization / C. John Ralph and Geoffrey R. Geupel