This is the first detailed book on dates to be published in more than four decades. It addresses all aspects of cultural practices and their implications on date quality. The text covers the post-harvest operations and processing of dates, physical, chemical, structural, and sensory properties of dates as human food. The authors also discuss the value of low quality dates and byproducts as cattle feed. The final section focuses on the potential medicinal values of dates.
- An Overview of Date Pahri Production, Dr. Rashid
- Controlled Irrigation in Date Pahri Fields, Er. Ramachandran
- Yield Improvement in Date Palm by Drip Irrigation, Er. Saravanan
- Effect of Fertilizer on Date Palm Yield, Dr. Ahamed
- Pest and Diseases in Date Pahri Field, Dr. Michael Deadman
- Mechanization in Date Pahri Harvesting, Dr. Hemantha
- Varietal Characteristics of Dates, Adel Al-Mahdouri
- An Overview of Dates Marketing, Dr. Msafiri Mbaga
- Drying Characteristics, Rehydration and Colour Changes of Date Pahri
- Fruits during Storage, Dr. Falade
- Microwave Drying of Dates, Dr. D.S. Rao
- Quality Evaluation of Dates by Computer Vision Technology, Dr. Manickavasagan
- Processing of Dates into Value Added Products, Dr. Vijayanand
- Physical and Chemical Composition of Dates, Dr. Nejib Guizani
- Structural Properties of Dates, Dr. M. Shafiur Rahman
- Caking of Date Powder, Er. Kingsly
- Dates and by Products As Cattle Feed, Dr. Osman
- Dates - A Fruit from Heaven, Dr. Qasim
- Dates Consumption and Health, Dr. Majeed Al-Ani
- Dates in Indigenous Medicine, Dr. E. Sukumar
- An Overview of Nutritional and Functional Properties of Dates, Dr. C.Y. Lee
- Glycemic Study on Dates, Dr. Amanat Ali
- Anti Amyloidogenic Effect of Dates with Reference To Their Protection
- Against Alzheimer's Disease, Dr. Mohamed Essa
- Socio-Economical Importance and Traditional, Health Benefits,
- Functional Food and Nutraceutical Uses of Dates, Dr. Hadrami
A. Manickavasagan is Assistant Professor of Agricultural and Marine Sciences, Sultan Qaboos University.
M. Mohamed Essa is Assistant Professor of Food Science and Nutrition at Sultan Qaboos University.
Ethirajan Sukumar is with the Chemistry Faculty at the Department of Applied Sciences at the Higher College of Technology, Oman.