Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
The Batlogger A+ from Elekon is a passive full spectrum bat detector designed for medium-term monitoring of bats. It records ultrasound bat calls onto an internal microSD card using a high quality FG Black microphone. Calls are recorded in 16-bit full spectrum over a range of 10-150kHz.
The A+ is small and inconspicuous and, with a weatherproof rating of IP67, is suitable for deploying in the field for a number of days unattended. Powered by the included rechargeable lithium-ion battery, a recording time of up to 70 hours is possible. Spare lithium ion battery packs are also available to purchase, allowing rapid battery changes in the field.
The Batlogger A+ can be programmed with two daily recording periods. Three recording modes are also available: automatic (triggered), continuous and manual. Settings can be altered either directly on the A+ or via your PC using the included BATPARS Editor Software. Other useful data, including temperature and details of the recording parameters, are also saved onto the microSD card for later analysis.
Files can be analysed using the free BatExplorer software for Windows. This software allows you to organise, classify and analyse your recordings as well as utilise the integrated bat species library to automatically ID your calls (European species only). For Mac users, WSL's BatScope software is recommended.
Please note that the Batlogger A+ is supplied with a power cable with European plug.
* Batlogger A+
* 16GB microSD card
* FG Black microphone
* 2m microphone cable
* Lithium-ion battery pack
* Mains charger (European plug)
* Instruction manual
* BATPARS Editor Software (Windows/Mac)
* BatExplorer Software (Windows)
* Batlogger A+ User Manual
* Dimensions (W x L x D): 113 x 101 x 80mm
* Weight (including battery pack and mic.): 695g
* Protection class: IP67 (except microphone capsule)
* Power: 7.2V 6900 mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery
* Operating time: 70 hours (approx 5-7 nights)
* Sampling: 312.5kHz, 16-bit, full spectrum
* Microphone: Ultrasonic FG Black, 2m cable
* Sensitivity range: 10 – 150kHz
* Recording duration: 0 – 53.5s, pre- and post-trigger adjustable
* Trigger modes: Manual, continuous, crest adv, crest, period
* Programmable time intervals: Two per day
* Interval recording: Recordings with preset pause time
* File formats: .wav, .xml, .kml, .log
* Storage media: MicroSD/SDHC/SDHX, max. 128GB, FAT32 formatted