+44 1803 865913
By: Ezzoura Errami(Editor), Margaret Brocx(Editor), Vic Semeniuk(Editor)
269 pages, 200 colour & 6 b/w photos, illustrations, and maps
From Geoheritage to Geoparks is a special issue primarily dedicated to the outcomes of the first International Conference on African and Arabian Geoparks (FICAAG). It will help to promote geoheritage, geoconservation, and geoparks by using a thematic and regional issue to illustrate the scope and depth of geoheritage through global case studies. The FICAAG, held in Morocco in 2011, brought together a wide variety of papers from different part of the world and especially from Africa and the Arab world on geoheritage, geoconservation, and geoparks, and ranging from overviews of the three subjects and descriptions of existing geosites of geoheritage significance, to the definition of the various types of geoparks globally, toolkits to help identify and develop geosites and geoparks, and case studies of some current geoparks and aspiring candidates.
- Geoheritage and Geoparks in Africa and Middle-East: Challenges and Perspectives
- Geotourism and Geoparks: Africa's Current Prospects for Sustainable Rural Development and Poverty Alleviation
- Geosites, Sites of Special Scientific Interest, and Potential Geoparks in the Anti-Atlas (Morocco)
- Use of Website and GIS Databases for Enhancement of Geosites in Algeria
- Dinosaur Track Sites in Algeria: A Significant National Geological Heritage in Danger
- Geoparks in China
- Using the Geoheritage Tool-kit to Identify inter-related Geological Features at Various Scales for Designating Geoparks - Case Studies from Western Australia
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Your prompt attention has beaten almost every other material supplier hands down.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985