+44 1803 865913
Series: Handbook of the Mammals of the World (HMW) Volume: 7
By: Don E Wilson(Editor), Thomas E Lacher, Jr.(Editor), Russell A Mittermeier(Editor), Toni Llobet François(Illustrator)
1008 pages, 58 plates with colour illustrations; 342 colour photos, 1753 colour distribution maps
Rodents include species that have colonised almost every available habitat on earth, and others that have adapted to human beings and followed them as they also spread across the globe. Volume 7 completes the order Rodentia – which represents arguably the most important order of mammals, both in terms of number of species, and in geographic distribution – covering the families contained in the suborder Myomorpha, including the two largest families, Cricetidae and Muridae.
This volume also includes a Special Chapter: Priorities for Conserving the World’s Rodents by Thomas Lacher Jr., Richard Young, Samuel Turvey, Rosalind Kennerley & Nicolette Roach
Volume 7 will continue the coverage of the Order Rodentia
- Suborder Myomorpha (mouse-like rodents): 9 families, 345 genera, 1,749 species
- Family Sminthidae (Birch Mice) / Mary Ellen Holden, Tamás Cserkész & Grace Musser
- Family Zapodidae (Zapodidae) / John Whitaker
- Family Dipodidae (Jerboas) / Johan Michaux & Gregory Shenbrot
- Family Platacanthomyidae (Tree Mice) / Thomas Giarla
- Family Spalacidae (Muroid Mole-rats) / Ryan Norris
- Family Calomyscidae (Brush-tailed Mice) / C. William Kilpatrick
- Family Nesomyidae (Pouched Rats, Climbing Mice and Fat Mice) / Steve Goodman & Ara Monadjem
- Family Cricetidae (True Hamsters, Voles, Lemmings and New World Rats and Mice) / Ulyses Pardiñas, Boris Kryštufek, Robert Bradley, Nicté Ordóñez-Garza, Joseph Cook, Gregory Shenbrot, Rudolf Haslauer, Livia León-Paniagua & Jorge Brito
- Family Muridae (True Mice and Rats, Gerbils and relatives) / Christiane Denys, Peter Taylor & Ken Aplin
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Extremely pleased with the quality of the product, the ease of the ordering system and the speed at which the item was dispatched.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985