The Motic SMZ-168 series represents a versatile and durable range of research/routine grade stereo microscopes. Designed for biological and material science applications, it is suitable for a wide range of purposes including entomology, geology and electrical engineering. Motic's signature Greenough binocular optical system delivers crisp, bright images across a dynamic parfocal zoom of 7.5-50x, which can be increased up to 150x with the addition of extra eyepieces. The zoom is adjusted via wheels on the microscope's side and a +/-5 diopter adjustment is available on both eyepieces.
The SMZ-168 is available with fully adjustable LED or Halogen transmitted/incident illumination. Halogen bulbs emit heat so are suitable for use with samples that are not at risk from dessication, such as circuitry, geological samples, and clockwork. The heat emission of LED bulbs is greatly reduced, making them ideal for use with live specimens or those that are at susceptible to dessication, such as mounted insects and botanical samples. The high-quality, robust mechanism makes this series ideal for regular laboratory, research and personal use alike, while Motic's signature compact design makes the best use of available space and allows easy transport.
Supplied with dust cover and black/white and frosted stage plates.
* Observation tube: Binocular Head
* Optical system: Greenough
* Inclination: 35o inclined, 360o rotating
* Interpupillary distance: 54-76mm
* Diopter adjustment: On both tubes, +/- 5 diopter
* Eyepieces: Widefield WF10x/23mm
* Objective system: Zoom, ratio: 6.7:1
* Objectives: 0.75-5x
* Working distance: 80mm
* Stand type: Pole type stand with transmitted illumination
* Head Holder: For 32mm column and 74mm head with incident illumination
* Focus Mechanism: Coarse focusing system with tension adjustment
* Focusing stroke: 49mm
* Incident Illumination: LED or Halogen (select above) 3W with intensity control.
* Transmitted Illumination: LED or Halogen (select above) 3W with intensity control.
* Power Supply: 100-250v (CE)
* Accessories included: Dust cover, black/white stage plates and blue filter
* Dimensions LxWxH: 329x277x400
* Column/Arm: Height 295mm, 32mm
* Weight net: 5.3kg
* Standard Contrast Technique: Brightfield