Huge product rangeOver 140,000 books & equipment products
Rapid shippingUK & Worldwide
Pay in £, € or U.S.$By card, cheque, transfer, draft
Exceptional customer serviceGet specialist help and advice
The D500X is an ultrasound recording unit intended for long-term, unattended recording of bat calls. The recorder is equipped with four slots for CF cards. A total capacity of 128 GB can be obtained if four 32 GB cards are used, allowing deployment for two weeks.
The D500X is available in two versions. The standard version comes with an internal microphone and has an external microphone jack for an additional microphone to be connected. The MkII version comes with a D500X external microphone and does not have an internal microphone. The standard version is powered by 4 x AA batteries and can record for up to 5 nights. The MkII version uses C cell batteries and can record for up to 14 nights. Both of these deployment times are dependent on the batteries being used.
The external microphone can be extended using XLR cables up to a distance of 100m without experiencing any discernible signal loss.
The triggering system allows the device to start recording as a sound is detected. The recording length can be selected in steps from 0.3 up to 30 seconds. In order not to fill the card too fast at locations with high activity, a minimum time between two recordings can be applied. The recorder is normally operated in a lowpower mode with no pre-trigger (i.e. the recording starts as the sound exceeds the chosen threshold level), but both pre-and post-trigger functions are available in the standard (not low-power) mode.
The D500X detects the full spectrum of ultrasound and records in real time. It provides much more detailed data than either frequency division or time expansion detectors, and is particularly good at detecting those `hard to detect' species such as the Brown Long-eared bat.
Soft protective case with hooks to hang from a tree included.
* Built-in electret microphone (standard) / D500X external microphone (MkII)
* Jack for external microphone
* Powered either from 4 AA cells (standard) / 4 C cells (MkII) or external batteries/power supply
* Timer to turn the unit on/off at desired intervals
* Weather-protected housing (built-in microphone requires some protection)
* Storage capacity for 2 weeks under normal conditions
* Total storage space: 128 GB (4 x 32 GB CF cards. 32 GB Sandisk Extreme CF card is recommended)
* Size: 165 x 170 x 53 mm, rugged aluminium housing
* Sampling rates: 44.1 kHz, 300 kHz and 500 kHz (optimized for 500 kHz)
* ADC resolution: 16 bits
* Selectable high-pass filter to attenuate low frequency signals
* Optional external trigger input jack
* Time/date stamped sound files
* Soft protective case included