Plant diseases can have an enormous impact on our lives. In a world where total crop failure can quickly lead to human misery and starvation, accurate diagnostics play a key role in keeping plants free from pathogens.
In Plant Pathology: Techniques and Protocols, expert researchers provide methods which are vital to the diagnosis of plant diseases across the globe, addressing all three categories of plant pathology techniques: traditional, serological, and nucleic acid. Chapters examine recent and developing issues with crop identity and authenticity, allowing workers to genotype samples from two major food groups. Composed in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biologya" series format, each chapter contains a brief introduction, step-by-step methods, a list of necessary materials, and a Notes section which shares tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and reader-friendly, Plant Pathology: Techniques and Protocols is an incredible guide which will soon prove to be indispensable, both to novices and expert researchers alike.
From the reviews: "Plant Pathology: Techniques and Protocols provides a collection of methods for the diagnosis and detection of plant pathogens. ! the book can also be used to troubleshoot particular techniques and adapt it to any organism of interest. The notes at the end of each chapter are of great utility ! . It is a highly practical book and both students and researchers interested or working on detection and diagnosis will find it very useful." (Arantza Rico, Microbiology Today, November, 2009)
1. Bioassay for Diagnosis of Plant Viruses - Isla A. Browning
2. Development of Enzyme Linked, Tissue Blot and Dot Blot Immunoassays for Plant Virus Detection - Hei-ti Hsu
3. Immunisation strategies for Antibody Production - Robert Burns
4. Preparation of Immunogens and Production of Antibodies -
Hei-ti Hsu, T. C. Chen, C. A. Chang, S. D. Yeh
5. Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) detection of Ralstonia solanacearum in Potatoes: The South African Experience
- Dirk U. Bellstedt
6. Production of Monoclonal Antibodies to Plant Pathogens - Christopher R. Thornton
7. Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) for the detection and identification of plant pathogenic bacteria (in particular for Erwinia amylovora and Clavibacter michiganensis subsp. sepedonicus) - Blanka Kokoskova and J. D. Janse 8. Indirect Immunofluorescence Microscopy (IIF) for the Detection and Identification of Plant Pathogenic Bacteria - Jaap D. Janse and B. Kokoskova
9. Detection of Four Major Bacterial Potato Pathogens - Ellen M. Kerr, G. Cahill and K. Fraser
10. Erwinia amylovora: Modern Methods for Detection and Differentiation - Antonet M. Svircev, W. S. Kim, S. M. Lehman and A. J. Castle
11. The use of Fluorescent in situ Hybridisation in Plant Fungal Identification and Genotyping - Mohamed Hijri
12. Use of Molecular Methods for the Detection of Fungal Spores -
13. Identification of Phytophthora fragariae var. rubi by PCR -
14. Detection of Double-stranded RNA Elements in the Plant Pathogenic Fungus Rhizoctonia solani - Nikki D. Charlton, S. M. Tavantzis and M. A. Cubeta
15. Immunocapture-PCR for Plant Virus Detection - Vincent Mulholland
16. Multiplex Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) and Real-time Multiplex PCR for the Simultaneous Detection of Plant Viruses -
Vicente Pallas, J. Sanchez-Navarro, A. Varga, F. Aparicio and D. James
17. Fluorescent-based Techniques for Viral Detection, Quantification and Characterisation - Mathieu Rolland, A. Delauney and E. Jacquot
18. Analysis of Population Structures of Viral Isolates using Single Strand Conformation Polymorphism (SSCP) Method - Agnes Delauney, M. Rolland and E. Jacquot
19. Direct Detection of Plant Viruses in Potato Tubers using Real-time PCR - Neil Boonham, L. Laurenson, R. Weekes, and R. Mumford
20. An Accelerated Soil Bait Assay for the Detection of Potato Mop Top Virus (PMTV) in Agricultural Soil. - Triona Davey
21. Detection of Phytoplasmas of Temperate Fruit Trees - Margit Laimer
22. PCR Detection of Potato Cyst Nematode - Alex Reid
23. Potato Cultivar Genome Analysis - Alex Reid, L. Hof, D. Esselink and B Vosman
24. Barley Variety Identification using SSRs - Cathy Southworth
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!