For 34 years The Birdwatcher's Yearbook has been the essential work of reference for active birders and the wider world of ornithology. Every piece of information is checked and updated to ensure each new edition of The Yearbook is relevant to the needs of all those who watch birds, either as a hobby or professionally – and it is all conveniently packed into a 328-page book for use at home or in the car on birding trips. The 2014 edition, once again sponsored by Swarovski Optik, has so much to offer.
Key features inside the 2014 edition include
- A fully up-dated Checklist of birds, based on the BOU British List. Also checklists for British butterfly and dragonfly species.
- Details on more than 400 nature reserves – the most up-to-date national guide.
- A diary element for readers to record birding trips.
- National tide-table information through to April 2015 to help with trip planning.
- Birding events calendar for 2014.
- Best bird books of the year.
- Special features, including the latest scientific discoveries.
- Contact information for every county, national and international birding group; bird hospitals; bird artists, photographers, lecturers and leading companies in the birding market.