Since it was first published in 1981, The Birdwatcher's Yearbook has been a one stop shop for up-to-date and verified information for birdwatchers of every skill level and depth of interest. The 2019 version has:
- the latest Checklists for British birds, dragonflies and butterflies
- fully updated guide to around 370 UK bird/nature reserves
- birding events diary for 2019
- tide table information right through to April 2020 to help you get the best from your coastal birding trips
- directories of wildlife lecturers/photographers, BTO speakers, art galleries, artists and trade outlets of interest to birdwatchers
Furthermore, all the features that have made The Birdwatcher's Yearbook an indispensable companion for so many years are included, such as comprehensive directories of county, national and international birding groups; a birding diary with monthly bird note pages; and a quick reference section.