+44 1803 865913
By: Christopher I Connell(Editor), Dominick P Ralston(Editor)
186 pages, colour & b/w photos, colour & b/w illustrations, tables
Insects are a major group of arthropods and the most diverse group of animals on the earth, with over a million described species. In common with all other life forms, insects suffer from viruses that cripple and kill. Admittedly, insects transmit viruses that cause illness in humans, but the insect in such cases is usually unaffected. Insect Viruses includes research on such viruses affecting humans. Also included in Insect Viruses are the ways to recognize insect viruses and their use in pest control. Basic and applied research on insect virus proteins associated with the peroral infectivity is reviewed as well. Furthermore, RNAi has been applied to a number of studies involved in insect immunity. Thus, the effect of RNA interference on viral infections is also studied.
- Insect Virus Proteins Involved in the Peroral Infectivity of the Viruses and their Potential Practical Application in Pest Control
- RNAi and the Study of Insect Immunity
- Epidemiology of Kakugo Virus, An Insect Picorna-like Virus Identified in Aggressive Honeybee Workers -- A Study of Virus-host Interactions in the Honeybee Society
- Honeybee Viruses in Uruguay: First Detection of Honeybee Viruses in South America and their Potential Role in Mortality of Honeybees
- Encephalitic Arboviruses: Emerging and Re-Emerging Problem
- Neurologic Manifestations of West Nile Virus Infection
- Effects of Coinfection with Borrelia Burgdorferi and Anaplasma Phagocytophilum in Vector Ticks and Vertebrate Hosts
- Early Detection of Baculovirus Expression and Infection in Lepidopteran Larvae Fed Occlusion Bodies of an AcMNPV Recombinant Carrying a Red Fluorescent Protein Gene
- Reovirus-like Double Stranded RNA Fractions in a Drosophila Melanogaster Line Containing Individual Second Chromosome from Natural Population
- Cellular Secretion of SF21 Cells upon Baculovirus Infection
There are currently no reviews for this book. Be the first to review this book!
Your orders support book donation projects
Fantastic service at a great price – I'll definitely use you again.
Search and browse over 110,000 wildlife and science products
Multi-currency. Secure worldwide shipping
Wildlife, science and conservation since 1985