Studies related to pathogen-mediated virus resistance in plants were instrumental in providing some of the historical observations which ultimately led to the vital discovery of double-stranded RNA (dsRNA)-induced gene silencing or RNA interference (RNAi), which has since revolutionized research on plant-virus interactions. In Antiviral Resistance in Plants: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field detail many of the methods which are now commonly used to study the phenomenon of RNA silencing in relation to viral infections of plants.
These include methods and techniques for the isolation and quantitative/qualitative analyses of plant small 21-24 nucleotide RNAs such as small interfering RNAs (siRNAs) and microRNAs (miRNAs) as well as the analysis and manipulation of virus-induced gene silencing (VIGS) in both monocotyledonous and dicotyledenous plants and the use of hairpin RNA (hpRNA) transgenes. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and practical, Antiviral Resistance in Plants: Methods and Protocols seeks to aid scientists in the further study of this crucially important botanical trait.
1. An Historical Overview of RNAi in Plants John A. Lindbo
2. RNA Silencing and Antiviral Defense in Plants Claire Agius, Andrew Eamens, Tony Millar, John M. Watson, and Ming-Bo Wang
3. Biological Chemistry of Virus-encoded Suppressors of RNA Silencing: An Overview Rustem T. Omarov and Herman B. Scholtof
4. Virus-Induced Gene Silencing Using Begomovirus Satellite Molecules Xueping Zhou and Changjun Huang
5. Strategies for Viral Cross Protection in Plants Changyong Zhou and Yan Zhou
6. Tobacco Rattle Virus (TRV)-Based Virus-Induced Gene Silencing Shawn Bachan and S.P. Dinesh-Kumar
7. Virus-Induced Gene Silencing in Hexaploid Wheat Using Barley Stripe Mosaic Virus Vectors Steven R. Scofield and Amanda S. Brandt
8. Characterization of Plant Virus-Encoded Gene Silencing Suppressors Hajime Yaegashi, Masamichi Isogai, and Nobuyuki Yoshikawa
9. Generation of Plant Small RNA cDNA Libraries for High-Throughput Sequencing Qian-Hao Zhu and Chris Helliwell
10. Modelling Antiviral Resistance in Plants Robert S. Anderssen and Peter M. Waterhouse
11. Isolation and Detection of Small RNAs from Plant Tissues Neil A. Smith and Andrew L. Eamens
12. Isolation and Analysis of Small RNAs from Virus-Infected Plants Shaun J. Curtin, Agustin Zsogon, John M. Watson, and Peter M. Waterhouse
13. Use of Hairpin RNA Constructs for Engineering Plant Virus Resistance Neena Mitter and Ralf G. Dietzgen
14. Artificial MicroRNAs for Plant Virus Resistance Jing Qu, Jian Ye, and Rongxiang Fang
15. Isolation and Biochemical Analysis of Plant Small RNAs H. Alexander Ebhardt, Mariana Oviedo Ovando, and Peter J. Unrau
16. Isolation and Analysis of Plant RNA-Dependent RNA Polymerases Julien Curaba
17. Plant Viroids: Isolation, Characterization/Detection, and Analysis Robert A. Owens, Teruo Sano, and Nuria Duran-Vila
18. Structural and Functional Analysis of CMV Satellite RNAs in RNA Silencing Hanako Shimura and Chikara Masuta
19. Virus-Induced Gene Silencing in Soybean Aardra Kachroo and Said Ghabrial
20. Chimeric, Infectious, and Stable Virus Transcripts to Study RNA Silencing in 'Dark Green' Islands Robin M. MacDiarmid
21. Rolling Circle Amplification-Mediated Hairpin RNA (RMHR) Library Construction in Plants Lei Wang and Yun-Liu Fan
22. The Interaction Between Plant Viroid-Induced Symptoms and RNA Silencing Vicente Pallas, German Martinez, and Gustavo Gomez
23. Identification of Small Molecule Inhibitors of Tomato Bushy Stunt Virus (TBSV) Replication Zsuzsanna Sasvari and Peter D. Nagy
24. Expression of Dominant-Negative Mutants to Study Host Factors Affecting Plant Virus Infections Daniel Barajas and Peter D. Nagy
There are currently no reviews for this product. Be the first to review this product!