This compendium of adventures features the best wild places to visit in Devon, Cornwall, Somerset and Dorset, with luscious places to eat and stay and ideas for weekend itineraries.
- The best secret beaches and wild swimming locations
- Amazing ancient woodlands and wildlife spectacles
- Top picnic places and wild flower meadows
- Lost ruins, hidden castles and sacred stones
- Caverns, caves, grottoes and follies
- Sunset hillforts, night walks and campfire camping
- Treehouses, yurts and gypsy caravans
- Best artisanal food, seasonal eating and traditional pubs
- Featuring stunning photos and engaging travel writing, Wild Guide - Devon, Cornwall and South West is the perfect book for those seeking new adventures with the family, or dreaming up the ultimate romantic weekend escape.
Daniel Start is an award-winning travel writer and photographer. He is the author of best-selling Wild Swimming and Wild Swimming Coast.
Tania Pascoe is a West Country expert, sustainability consultant and local food critique, based in Somerset.
Joanna Tinsley was countryside editor of BBC Countryfile magazine and is now editor of lifestyle magazine Pretty Nostalgic.